Feed efficiency isn’t a new concept for Agri-King; in fact we have been monitoring feed efficiency for over 15 years! Simply stated, feed efficiency is pounds of meat produced per pound of dry matter (DM) consumed. Feed efficiency is vital to reducing a farm’s environmental impact. Maximizing gain for each pound of feed consumed is profitable and responsible.
How do you improve feed efficiency?
Summarizing 10 years of laboratory research and field studies, Agri-King advises:
- Manage forages and ensiled grains to maximize quality
- Treat forages with Silo-King® (research demonstrates that treating forages with Silo-King® significantly increases dry matter and fiber digestibility)
- Further improve ration digestibility with trace minerals, direct fed microbials (Tri-Lution®), and enzymes (Ru-Max and Zym-O-Factors)
- Test forages for dry matter and fiber digestibility (testing for both dry matter and cell wall digestibility are available at Agri-King)
- Balance and fortify rations to fully utilize the nutrients from forages which improve feed efficiency and animal health.
Silo-King® is the premier multi-purpose forage and grain treatment program. Read More...
Sales Force Locator
Try our interactive map to find an Area Manager near you!